For new customers, a COD account will be opened as this service are billable at R275.00 (incl.) per hour for all customers. The first 15-minutes will be free of charge.
A couple of things to take into consideration:
– Before requesting a remote support session, please provide a clear, detailed description of the issues/faults you need assistance with. You can do so by submitting a query using our contact forms, or via the online chat (business hours only – 08h00 – 16h00).
– Remote support services will only be available during business hours (08h00 – 16h00) and after hours support between (16h00 – 21h00 [billed accordingly]).
– Make sure you have a stable and reliable internet connection. You can do a speed test HERE.
– Please make sure you know what operating system you have installed (Windows 7/8/10). MacOS and Linux operating systems will not be supported.
– Major software / hardware repairs can only be done via carry-in services. Please make a booking for carry-in services.
REMOTE SUPPORT VIA ULTRAVIEWER
A light-weight, easy to use remote assistance software – our current recommended remote support software of choice.
UltraViewer is completely free, whether you are a business or personal, you can use it without worrying about paying any fee.
The latest version of UltraViewer for Windows can be downloaded HERE.
After UltraViewer has been successfully downloaded, you can install UltraViewer by following the on-screen options.
After UltraViewer has been installed, you can provide us with “Your ID” and “Password“. We will connect to your computer for remote assistance needed.
REMOTE SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 USERS
Upon your request for remote assistance, we will make use of QuickAssist built into Windows 10. Here are the instructions:
You will be provided with the following steps, or receive an email containing these steps:
1. Open the Start menu > Windows Accessories > QuickAssist. (or just click on Start and start typing QuickAssist)
2. Select Get assistance and follow the instructions.
3. If User Account Control appears, select Yes to continue.
After the steps are completed, please wait a few minutes for your devices to connect. Please make sure grant access when prompted.
If you are still unsure where to find it, please check out the video below for detailed instructions:
REMOTE SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 7 or 8 USERS
Upon your request for remote assistance, you will need to send an invitation file to us. To do so, follow these steps below (you will need to have an active email client or online email service, like Gmail, Outlook.com, etc.):
You will be provided with the following these steps, or receive an email with these steps:
1. Hold the Windows button and “R” to open the “Run” command window.
2. Type the following: “msra” (without the quotation marks) and press enter (or click on “OK“). The following window (or similar) will appear:
3. Click on “Invite someone you trust to help you”
NOTE: If you get an error in Windows 7 which has the option to click on “repair” due to a firewall issue, click on “repair” and you should be fine.
4. On the next window, the preferred option is to select “Use email to send an invitation“. If you don’t have an active mail client installed (like Outlook), skip to “Non-Email client steps“.
5. When the new email window opens up, send your request (with the attached file) to email@example.com
6. A Window with a connection password will open up. This will be communicated telephonically or via messaging (WhatsApp, SMS). DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW!
7. Please wait for a little while before the remote connection can be established from our side.
8. You will be prompted with a message to allow us to connect to your computer. Click on “Yes”
9. We will request for you to allow us to take control of your desktop. Click on “Yes“. Please allow us to perform the needed work by not interfering by using the mouse or keyboard, as this will prevent us from completing the needed work to be done.
Non-Email client steps:
If you don’t have Outlook or any mail client installed, you can follow these steps:
1. Repeat steps 1 to 3 above.
2. Click on “Save this invitation as a file”
3. Save the file in a folder where you can find it for the following steps.
4. A window will open which will prompt you to give the helper the invitation file and password. DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW.
5. Open up your internet browser of choice and login to your web mail service (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.).
6. Compose a new email and attach the invitation file which you saved in step 3.
7. When the file is attached, send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the screenshot below was from a newly composed Gmail email).
8. Steps 6-9 at the top should be followed now.
We are now connected and able to assist you remotely. If this way of remote support is not working, we will then make use of the TeamViewer option.
REMOTE SUPPORT VIA TEAMVIWER
We are working on our new Remote Support Services by phasing out TeamViewer due to security issues, and high licensing costs.
Should non of the Windows 10 or Windows 7 & 8 steps be working for you, you are welcome to ask for assistance by making use of TeamViewer.
The latest version of TeamViewer can be downloaded HERE.
After TeamViewer has been successfully downloaded, you can install TeamViewer as a non-commercial user.
After TeamViewer has been installed, you can provide us with “Your ID” and “Password“. We will connect to your computer for remote assistance needed.
Please check out the Frequently Asked Questions section on why we are planning to phase out TeamViewer.