Remove fEstasAzulCorrupta and fix corrupted documents
Background of fEstasAzulCorrupta.
fEstasAzulCorrupta is a computer virus which mainly corrupts all your Microsoft Office-related document files. This virus spread through certain domains on the internet, Peer-to-peer file sharing networks and removable media (flash drives, etc.). It is also randomly attached to some unverified freeware files and can infect your computer when the unverified freeware files are downloaded and installed from untrusted publishers. fEstasAzulCorrupta injects some files on your Windows Operating System (pre-Windows 8 & 10) as well as affecting your computer registry which will automatically load the virus upon start-up of your Operating System, which might affect security software from executing to prevent the virus from executing. fEstasAzulCorrupta corrupts Office documents by adding malicious code to the file header as well as adding the fEstasAzulCorrupta text string to the affected file names. This process might slow your computer down quite drastically while it is executing to corrupt the Office-related documents on your computer.
This fEstasAzulCorrupta is quite destructive and you might suffer irrecoverable data loss.
Can it be removed and will I be able to recover my files?
The fEstasAzulCorrupta virus can be removed without really much effort – just some time to be allocated to complete a couple of virus and malware scans. When it comes to recovering the files, there are some good and bad news. With the available and currently working tool, only files with .docx, .xlsx & .pptx extensions will be recovered. Files with .doc .xls .ppt will unfortunately not be recovered as the application to recover / repair those files are not able to repair the older versions of Office documents. Only post-Office 2007 files might be recovered. I have also found instances where the newer version Office documents might not always be recovered. And as the virus corrupted the headers of the document files, some of the documents formats and formulas might be missing or the documents might come out looking slightly different. On the bright side, the physical contents of the files will still be there.
Steps to follow to remove fEstasAzulCorrupta.
Below are the steps to follow to remove fEstasAzulCorrupta from your computer. There are some pre-requisites which you need before continuing. They are:
- Download the free fully functional version of Kaspersky AntiVirus (or any other well-known antivirus) here: https://www.kaspersky.co.za/free-antivirus
- Download SuperAntiSpyware here: http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE
- Download the fEstasAzulCorrupta_docx_fix application here: https://www.techstudio.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/fEstasAzulCorrupta_docx_fix.zip
- If you are unable to download the file from the link provided, please make use of our online chat feature where we are able to send the file to you (please note our online chat is only available between 08h00 – 16h00 weekdays, GMT+2, South African time)
- Install Kaspersky antivirus (or your antivirus of choice) and perform a virus definitions update.
- Install SuperAntiSpyware and perform a definition update as well.
- Perform a full virus scan and remove any threats found with the Antivirus software.
- Perform a full anti-spyware scan with SuperAntiSpyware and remove any threats found with the software. You might have to restart the computer after each scan. If you are confident that all threats have been eliminated, move on to the next steps.
- Launch the fEstasAzulCorrupta_docx_fix application to start repairing the corrupted files. You will have the option to recover a single file or perform a batch process.
- For this article, we will make use of the batch process option. Click on batch “Batch Process”.
- Browse to the folder containing the files which you want to recover. Do note that for batch processes, it will only attempt the repair of files in the specific folder and NOT sub folders. Each folder containing files will need to be repaired individually.
- When all the files are repaired in the containing folder, you can delete the files containing the fEstasAzulCorrupta in the file name. But please do note and make sure that the files which are deleted have been recovered as a copy of the file will be made and the fEstasAzulCorrupta will no longer be in the file name. As mentioned, .doc, .xls & .ppt files will not be recovered, only .docx, .xlsx & .pptx files will be repaired.
- The files are now repaired, but Word, Excel or PowerPoint will display some warnings when opening up the file. Word and Excel will need to repair the files individually as well. You can start to open the repaired files individually, and you will receive the following prompt (for this article, a computer running Windows 7 and Office 2010 were used):
- Click on OK and then the following warning will display:
- Click on YES. The following (or something similar) will display:
- Just click on close.
- Now you will have to save the file again. The best is to overwrite the file, but you will need to browse to the directory (if Windows did not automatically assigned the file name and location), and overwrite document which you have opened. You will receive the following prompts:
- Click on SAVE.
- Select the file to overwrite (do note not to overwrite the wrong file) and click on SAVE.
- Select “Replace existing file” and click on OK.
- Just click on OK again to confirm the message displayed.
You can now open up the file again to make sure it is working as desired. Again, as mentioned, you might need to adjust some formatting again as the fEstasAzulCorrupta corrupted most of the file but not the content.
As you can see, the fEstasAzulCorrupta is quite damaging to Office files, but it is possible to recover the content of post-Office 2003 file formats (.docx, .xlsx, etc.) with the fEstasAzulCorrupta_docx_fix application.
If you are a South African user experiencing difficulties with this virus, please feel free to contact us during business hours to provide the needed support. For all other international users, please feel free to leave your replies / opinions in the comments section, and we will reply as soon as possible.
If this article helped you solve the problems with this virus or if you have any other comments / suggestions, please leave a reply in the comments section.